Office: Basic Medical Science Building Rm. 301
I began to work at a pharmaceutical company in Japan after finishing bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Tokushima University. My job is to investigate the effect of drug candidates on cardiovascular system at the department of safety evaluation in the company. I became interested in arrhythmia research through my work.
As of 2016, I got a chance to study at the Department of Molecular Physiology of Nagasaki University. I hope to develope into a good researcher by studying the pathomechanisms of the inherited arrhythmia.
- MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences (Tokushima University ’10)
- Excellent Student Award from The Pharmaceutical Society of Japan
Scientific Session: Tyugoku and Shikoku 2010
- Kimoto H, Ito Y, Matsumoto S, Hosoki E. “A simple method for oral mucosal irritation test by intraoral instillation in rats”. J Toxicol Sci. 2016. (in press)
- Eto R, Abe M, Kimoto H, Imaoka E, Kato H, Kasahara J, Araki T. “Alterations of interneurons in the striatum and frontal cortex of mice during postnatal development”. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2015;28:359-370. (pdf) (PubMed: 20406674)
- Abe M, Kimoto H, Eto R, Sasaki T, Kato H, Kasahara J, Araki T. “Postnatal development of neurons, interneurons and glial cells in the substantia nigra of mice”. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2010;30:917-928. (pdf) (PubMed: 20414716)
- Uchida H, Yokoyama H, Kimoto H, Kato H, Araki T. “Long-term changes in the ipsilateral substantia nigra after transient focal cerebral ischemia in rats”. Int J Exp Pathol. 2010;91:256-266. (pdf) (PubMed: 20353427)
- Kuroiwa H, Yokoyama H, Kimoto H, Kato H, Araki T. “Biochemical alterations of the striatum in an MPTP-treated mouse model of Parkinson’s disease”. Metab Brain Dis. 2010;25:177-183. (pdf) (PubMed: 20431930)
- Aoki E, Yokoyama H, Kimoto H, Yano R, Kato H, Araki T. “Chronic administration with rotenone does not enhance MPTP neurotoxicity in C57BL/6 mice”. J Mol Neurosci. 2010;41:17-24. (pdf) (PubMed: 19644772)
- Kimoto H, Eto R, Abe M, Kato H, Araki T. “Alterations of glial cells in the mouse hippocampus during postnatal development”. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2009;29:1181-1189. (pdf) (PubMed: 19472050)
- Kadoguchi N, Kimoto H, Yano R, Kato H, Araki T. “Failure of acute administration with proteasome inhibitor to provide a model of Parkinson’s disease in mice”. Metab Brain Dis. 2008;23:147-154. (pdf) (PubMed: 18425568)
- Takagi S, Hayakawa N, Kimoto H, Kato H, Araki T. “Damage to oligodendrocytes in the striatum after MPTP neurotoxicity in mice”. J Neural Transm. 2009;114:1553-1557. (pdf) (PubMed: 17676428)